acpl.info

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

John Lennon 25 years gone

December 8 marked the 25th anniversary of the death of John Lennon. I grew up with the music of the Beatles, though I was just a little too young to be appreciating them as they were happening, and so I've taken advantage of the "new wave" of Beatlemania and I've read a couple of new books - one about John and one about the Beatles - and caught up on a few things I missed.


John Lennon: All I Want Is The Truth by Elizabeth Partridge is a photobiography that goes into some detail about the other Beatles as well.

The Beatles by Bob Spitz is a biography of the group, in which I learned a lot of interesting facts I didn't know - for instance, when the Beatles played their stadium shows in the U.S., nobody could hear them play because of all the screaming. This book is a monster - over 900 pages!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home